Friday, November 02, 2007

Next Live Dialogue - Nov 7

Cheers Citizen Philosophers,

Let it be known that the next Thinking Out Loud gathering is this coming Wednesday, Nov 7, at 7:00. The suggested topic is:

"Does loyalty to a friend affect your commitment to honesty?"

I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome our latest cyber participant. If all goes well, technology-wise, Deborah Martin of Boca Raton, will be joining us on Wednesday by way of a Skype conference call. Debbie was a regular at one of Steve Stokes' philosophy venues in Atlanta, GA, before moving to Florida about two years ago. She tells me that she was lamenting the fact that she could not find a similar group in her new environs, when she heard from Steve about our ongoing experiment in long distance interactive philosophical dialoguing. I am very pleased that she has found us and has volunteered to help us expand our experiment. I had the opportunity to talk with Debbie last night as we were testing our Skype connection and I can say with confidence that our Socratic explorations will be enriched by the participation of this caring and thoughtful citizen philosopher from Florida. Welcome aboard, Debbie.

Of course, I encourage previous Skype participants and would-be Skype participants - David, Steve, Anthony, etc. - to also join in on Wednesday. To accommodate more than one Skype participant, I will set up a Skype conference call and I will call you if your Skype icon indicates you are online and accepting calls. So if you want to participate long distance, log on to Skype around 6:45 and expect a call from me. We will use a chat box, as before, to indicate who "has their hand up" and is waiting to speak. Email me if you have any questions.

As for you flesh-and-blood regulars, I am most certainly looking forward to seeing your smiling faces and furrowed brows, as always. To you not-so-regulars, I say, we miss you. "Come on in. The philosophy is great."

Hope to see/hear you all on Wednesday.

Best Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home